As they don’t need elastic o-rings to keep the wires in place, the brackets are smaller, more comfortable and easier to keep clean. Also, with no o-rings on the braces, you are less likely to need an emergency appointment because the wire is more securely attached to the teeth. We also offer Damon Clear, an system that uses clear self-ligating brackets.
What does the treatment involve?
- We start your orthodontic treatment by taking 3D scans of your teeth. These replace the need to use messy alginate moulds – often the worst bit of the whole process.
- When we fit your brace, we clean and dry your teeth, then stick the brackets onto your teeth with a strong dental adhesive. The wires are then attached to these brackets. As the braces are self-ligating, there is no need to use elastic bands to tie the wires in to the brackets.
- We usually arrange appointments at 6-10 week intervals, to make adjustments to the brace and to ensure your teeth are moving as efficiently as possible.
- Every case is different, but in most cases, the treatment lasts between 12 – 24 months.
- Once your treatment has concluded, we remove the braces and take scans of your teeth for your retainer.
At first, it may take a couple days to get used to the braces. If there is any discomfort initially, painkillers such as paracetamol and ibuprofen will help address it.